Ashwin Vinod - PhD Student
Vortex Induced Vibrations
Marine Hydrokinetic Energy Harvesting
M.S. University of Missouri, Rolla (2012)
B.Tech. MLR Institute of Technology, JNTU (2011)
1. Lawrence, A.; Vinod, A. and Banerjee, A.; Effect of free-stream turbulence on the loads experienced by a Marine Hydrokinetic Turbine - IMECE 2016-68395 (selected as YEP finalist)
2. Vinod, A.; Lawrence, A. and Banerjee, A,; Effect of Elevated Free Stream Turbulence on the Hydrodynamic Performance of a Tidal Turbine Blade Section, APS-DFD 2016
3. Vinod, A.; Lawrence, A. and Banerjee, A.; Effect of Free Stream Turbulence on the Loads Experienced by an SG6043 Hydrofoil - 2016 Marine Energy Technology Symposium
4. Vinod, A. and Lawrence, A.; Effect of Free Stream Turbulence on the Performance of a Marine Hydrokinetic Turbine - APS-DFD 2015 (Boston, MA).
5. Kolekar, N; Vinod, A. and Banerjee, A.; Performance Charecterization of a marine hydrokinetic turbine in free surface proximity - 2016 Marine Energy Technical Symposium, Washington D.C.
6. Surface protrusion based mechanisms of augmenting energy extraction from vibrating cylinders at Reynolds number 3x10^3 - 3x10^4 - Ashwin Vinod and Arindam Banerjee, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, 6: 063106 (2014).
7. Augmenting energy extraction from vortex induced vibration using strips of roughness/stripness combinations -Ashwin Vinod, Amshumann Kashyap, Arindam Banerjee and Jonathan Kimball, Marine Energy Technical Symposium 2013, Washington D.C.
8. Enhancing vortex induced vibration of a circular cylinder using roughness strips - Ashwin Vinod and Arindam Banerjee - APS-DFD2012, San Diego, California.