- Rahul Rajendran passes his PhD General (Qualification) Exam. Congratulations Rahul!
- Denis Aslangil, Rinosh Polavarapu and Ashwin Vinod present their research at 69th APS DFS in Portland, Oregon.
- Ms. Angela Lawrence wins in Phoenix, AZ held in November, 2016. Congratulations Angela!
- Prof. Banerjee is promoted to the rank of Associate Professor with tenure (September, 2016)
- Prof. Banerjee serves as an invited panelist for the NSF-SBIR-Renewable Energy Panel (August, 2016)
- Prof. Banerjee is awared a 3 year grant by DOE-NNSA to student the effects of demixing on Rayleigh Taylor Turbulence (June, 2016).
- Jonathan Colby of Verdant Power visits Lehigh University to discuss collaborations between Verdant and Lehigh. Jonathan is also the MEM seminar speaker for 4/29 graduate seminar (April, 2016).
- Prof. Banerjee with students (Ashwin Vinod and Sudharsan Kalidoss) attends the Marine Energy Technical Summit in Washington DC (April, 2016)
- Prof. Banerjee attends a Department of Energy - Marine Hydrokinetic Energy Excutive Summit (March, 2016)
- Prof. Banerjee is awarded a grant from Los Alamos National Laboratory to study the effects of material strength on Rayleigh Taylor Instability (February, 2016)
- Prof. Banerjee serves as an invited panelist for the NSF-SBIR-Renewable Energy Panel (February, 2016)
- Prof. Banerjee serves as an invited panelist for the NSF-Graduate Research Fellowship (January, 2016)
- Denis Aslangil, Ashwin Vinod, Rinosh Polavarapu, Rahul Rajendran and Prof. Banerjee attends the 68th APS-DFD at Boston, MA (November, 2015) to present their research. Prof. Banerjee chairs a session onMarine Hydrokinetic Turbines.
- Prof. Banerjee with two of his graduate students and collaborator at UMKC hospital publishes a two part article in the Journal of Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing. The article is titled: Fluid Flow and particle transport in mechanically ventilated airways. Part I of this paper discusses the fluid flow structures of CMV waveforms while Part II of this paper discusses particle transport and drug deliver for those waveforms.
- Dr. Daniel Livescu from Los Alamos National Laboratory visits the group (October, 2015)
- Prof. Banerjee featured in Resolve Magazine Rising Star Article. See link here. (October, 2015)
- Prof. Banerjee visits University of North Carolina at Charlotte for invited seminar on "Effects of Material Strength and Acceleration Reversal on RT instability". (September, 2015)
- Denis Aslangil presents his research at European Turbulence Conference at The Delfts, Netherlands. Part of his travel support comes from a travel grant provided by Lehigh University. (August, 2015)
- Prof. Banerjee visits IIT-Kanpur (Aerospace Engineering), IIT-Mumbai (Mechanical Engineering) and Indian Institute of Science- Bangalore (Aerospace Engineering) for invited seminar on "Dynamic interaction of a MHK turbine with its environment". (August, 2015)
- Prof. Banerjee is awarded the 2015 Joel and Ruth Spira Excellence Award in Teaching. This award is sponsored by Lutron and given annually to a faculty member (each) from MEM, ECE and CSE. (July, 2015)
- Denis Aslangil completed his MS thesis on "Effect of Initial Conditions on RTI with acceleration reversal using Implicit Large Eddy Simulation" (July, 2015)
- Mohammed Alzahrany and Prof. Banerjee publishes an article titled "Role of carrrier gases in enhancement of gas exchange and aerosol-drug delivery under invasive high frequency oscillatory ventilation " in the Journal of Aerosol Science. (June, 2015)
- Mohammed Alzahrany and Prof. Banerjee publishes an article titled " A Biomechanical Model for Pendelluft Induced Lung Injury" in the Journal of Biomechanics. (May, 2015)
- Nitin Kolekar presents his research work on free surface effects on MHk turbines at Marine Energy Technology Synposium at Capitol Hilton, Washington DC (April, 2015)
- Nitin Kolekar successfully defends his PhD Dissertation. Congratulations Nitin! (April, 2015)
- Prof. Banerjee receives prestigious National Science Foundation CAREER award for his proposed research on "Rayleigh Taylor Instability with Acceleration Reversal". Read the press-release from NSFhere. The press release from Lehigh can be found here. (March, 2015)
- Prof. Banerjee featured in National Science Foundation's Early Career Engineers to watch" in the Energy Category. See press release here. (March, 2015)
- Nitin Kolekar publishes article in Journal of Applied Energy titled "Performance charecterization and placement of a marine hydrokinetic turbine in a tidal channel under boundary proximity and blockage effects". (February, 2015)
- Ashwin Vinod, Nitin Kolekar, Mohammed Alzahrany and Denis Aslangil attend APS-DFD 2014 at San Francisco, CA.
- Prof. Praveen Ramaprabhu from University of North Carolina at Charlotte visits the laboratory and is an invited speaker for the MEM seminar series (November 2014).
- Mohammed Alzahrany successfully defends his PhD dissertation on 11/6/14 (Thursday). Congratulations Mohammed!
- Prof. Andrew Lawrie from U. Bristol visits the laboratory and is an invited speaker for the MEM seminar series (September 2014).
- Andy Bergey leads Outreach efforts for middle school students at Lehigh University.
- Prof. Banerjee is a co-PI on a NSF-CYBERSEES Grant to study Optimization and Integration of Wave Energy to the Power Grid. Read the NSF announcement here.
- Denis Aslangil recieves travel award to attend symposium titled "Turbulent Mixing and Beyond - 2014 on Mixing in Rapidly Changing Environments - Probing Matter at the Extremes" at the Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) at Trieste, Italy (August 2014).
- Prof. Banerjee chairs a session on 'Strength, Ejecta and Particulates" at the 14th International Workshop on the Physics of Compressible Turbulent Mixing at San Francisco, CA (August 2014).
- Prof. Banerjee gives an invited talk at the 14th US Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics at East Lansing, MI. The work is co-authored by Pamela Roach and Rinosh Polavarapu.
- Prof. Banerjee is an invited panelist at a NSF CBET Panel (April, 2014)
- Ashwin Vinod and Denis Aslangil are selected as Rossin Doctoral Fellows for 2014 - congratulations to Ashwin and Denis!
- Prof. Banerjee is awarded the Rossin Professorship for academic years 2014-2015 and 2015-2016.
- New Water Tunnel facility is installed at the laboratory in Lehigh University. The test section is 24" (W) x 24" (H) x 78" (L) and can attain a maximum velocity of 1 m/s. The facility is also equipped to seed in active turbulence to mimic various natural flows. The facility is built by Engineering Laboratory Design, Inc (January, 2014).
- Prof. Banerjee is an invited panelist at NSF Graduate research Fellowship and NSDEG panel
- Nitin Kolekar, Denis Aslangil, Mohammed Alzahrany and Arindam Banerjee present at APS-DFD 2013 in Pittsburgh, PA (November 2013)
- Prof. Banerjee presents a seminar of "Marine Hydrokinetic Energy" at INE-Seminar Series at Lehigh University (September 2013).
- Pamela Roach defends her MS thesis on "Effects of Initial Conditions on RT instability using elastic-plastic materials" (June 2013).
- Marine Hydrokinetic Energy research is showcased in Lehigh Resolve Magazine (May 2013).
- Nitin Kolekar, Ashwin Vinod & Prof. Banerjee attends Global Marine Renewable Energy Conference at Washington D.C. to present their research (April 2013).
- Prof. Banerjee receives a sub-contract from Los Alamos National Lab to investigate " Effects of Material Strength on RT instability" (April 2013).
- Prof. Banerjee was an invited panelist/speaker at CIDESI workshop on future energy technologies for Mexico (April 2013).
- Ashwin Vinod defends his MS thesis on "Augmentation of Vortex Induced Vibration for Marine Energy Harvesting using Roughness Strips". Ashwin will be joining Lehigh University as a PhD student in Mechanical Engineering & Mechanics (December 2012).
- Pamela Roach, Nitin Kolekar, Ashwin Vinod, Mohammed Alzahrany and Prof. Banerjee attends APS-DFD at San Diego, CA to present their research (November 2012).
- Timothy Vanrhein defends his MS thesis on "Numerical Study of Fluid Transport and Particle Tracking in a Mechanically Ventilated Lung". Tim will be joining Custom Metalcraft (Springfield, MO) as a Machine Design Engineer (August 2012).
- Prof. Banerjee joins the department of Mechanical Engineering & Mechanics at Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA. Turbulent Flow Design Group is initiated at Lehigh University (August 2012).
- Varun Lobo defends his MS thesis on "Vortex Induced Vibration based Marine Hydrokinetic Energy Harvesting". Varun will be joining Caterpillar (Peoria, IL) as a Associate Mechanical Design Engineer (March 2012).
- Prof. Banerjee is awarded a 1-year ONR research grant for studying Vortex Induced Vibrations (March 2012)
- Pamela Roach recieves the NSF-Graduate Fellowship. Congratulations Pamela! (December 2011)
- Dr. Banerjee is included in “Who’s Who in Thermal Fluids” - see link here (November 2011)
- Varun Lobo and Nitin Kolekar present papers at the ASME—ES-Fuel Cell Conference in Washington DC (August 2011).
- Prof. Banerjee is awarded a seed grant from ERDC (Missouri S&T) to study Clean Hydrokinetic Energy Harvesting from Vortex Induced Vibration. This is Year 2 of this grant. Dr. Jonathan Kimball (EE) is a co-PI on this award (June 2011).
- Prof. Banerjee is awarded a supplemental REU grant by the National Science Foundation to study effects of Initial Conditions on Buoyancy Driven Turbulence (April 2011)
- Prof. Banerjee is invited to serve on a NSF Fluid Dynamics Panel at Washington D.C. (May 2011)
- Paper entitled "Design Feasibility of a Vortex Induced Vibration Based Hydro-Kinetic Energy Harvesting System," authored by Varun Lobo, Nyuykighan Mainsah, Prof. Arindam Banerjee and Prof. Jonathan Kimball selected for the Best Paper Award which was presented at the IEEE Green Technologies Conference in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, April 14-15, 2011. Congratulations Varun and the rest of the group!
- Prof. Banerjee is awarded the University of Missouri Research Board Grant to study nano-particle drug delivery in the upper tracheo-bronchial airways
- Prof. Banerjee is invited to attend a DOE Grand Challenges workshop on Material Mixing at the Extremes at Santa Fe, New Mexico. The event is hosted by Los Alamos National Laboratory. He is one of 50 experts who were invited.
- Prof. Banerjee is invited to serve on a NSF Fluid Dynamics Panel at Washington D.C. (January 2011)
- Work published by Dr. Banerjee makes it to the cover of Journal of Fluid Mechanics (Vol. 659). Check the link
- Prof. Banerjee is awarded a 3 year research grant by the National Science Foundation (CBET-Fluid Dynamics) to study effect of initial conditions on buoyancy driven turbulence.
- Prof. Banerjee and students present their work at the American Physical Society –DFD meeting at Long Beach, California.
- Prof. Banerjee is the co-PI on a research grant awarded by the Office of Naval Research titled: Waves, Wind and Scavengers: Next Generation Renewable Energy Systems for Naval Applications.
- Prof. Banerjee is awarded a seed grant from ERDC (Missouri S&T) to study Clean Hydrokinetic Energy Harvesting from Vortex Induced Vibration. Dr. Jonathan Kimball (EE) is a co-PI on this award.
- Prof. Banerjee is invited to serve on a NSF Fluid Dynamics Panel at Washington D.C. (January & May 2010)
- Prof. Banerjee is selected to attend GEM4 Summer School on Nano-bio-mechanics organized jointly by NSF and University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign.
- Prof. Banerjee and students present their research at APS-DFD Meeting at Minneapolis, MN.
- Prof. Banerjee chairs a session on Micro-fluidics at IMECE09 at Orlando, FL. Presents a paper based on preliminary work done by Suchi Subhra Mukherji.
- Prof. Banerjee presents a seminar in Chemical and Biological Engineering Department at Missouri S&T titled “Turbulence by Design”.
- Prof. Banerjee is awarded a sub-contract from Los Alamos National Laboratory to investigate Rayleigh Taylor Mixing under high acceleration environments.
- Prof. Banerjee chairs session on Rayleigh Taylor Instabilities at APS-DFD 08 held at San Antonio, TX. He also presents work on effect of initial conditions on late time Rayleigh Taylor mixing.
- Prof. Banerjee chairs session on Buoyancy Driven Flows at IMECE 08 held at Boston, MA. He also presents work on Buoyancy Driven Effects on formation of Mixing Zones.
- Prof. Banerjee presents work on high Atwood number Rayleigh Taylor mixing at the 11th International Workshop on the Physics of Compressible Turbulent Mixing held at Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Prof. Banerjee is awarded the University of Missouri Research Board Grant to study Rayleigh Taylor Mixing under high acceleration environments.
- Prof. Banerjee joins the MAE department at Missouri S&T, Rolla.